Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On Trend: Planes and Folds

Wow, I have been MIA for quite some time.  I would like to blame it on the fact that my fingers have been so frozen here that I haven't been able to use my keyboard, but it's been a ridiculously mild winter.  The only one I have to blame is myself.  In my absence I have been keeping my eyes open for upcoming trends and really love this graphic, edgy look:

Image from zainteriora.net

Handmade faceted vases by Phil Cuttance.  Since each piece is done by hand, each is unique.  Read more here

Images from United Nude

A new spin on a classic, United Nude turns the classic Pantone Chair into a series of planes and folds in this edgy looking high design chair.  They have also applied this same theory to bottles, shoes and martini glasses.  It's definitely worth checking out the entire project online here.


Image from here.

 For a more natural way to incorporate this faceted look into your home try this sideboard from Amitrani, called Sedici.  The natural wood element makes it easy to incorporate into any existing design while the faceted surface ties in this trend beautifully. 


On a budget?  Don't want to spend $2000 on a chair?  How about these less expensive ways to incorporate this trend:

Faceted Mirror Side Table, $199 - West Elm


The Pixel Rug, $349 - CB2



"Geometry" 8x10 Art Print, $20 - Etsy




No comments:

Post a Comment